Accommodations & Transfers
Accommodations for all tastes & styles
For the design of our travels we have the knowledge of many years traveling and guiding clients. Therefore we can offer and have the access to a great variety of accommodations.
This varies from ambient, colonial & luxury cityhotels in Havana, apartments and resorts on tropical islands - keys, homestays on Cuba (Cuba Casas particulares), from ambient B&B and lodges with great views over Cusco, hotels and pousadas with a spectacular setting in nature in Brasil and Argentina, to guesthouses with indigenous people to exclusive lodges in the Amazon rainforest.
We make the choices on basis of your wishes, our expertise and that of our local agents, to see what fits best in your tailor made travel program. We can realize any kind of program with the accommodation you are looking for.
The booking of boutique posadas, estancias, guesthouses and lodges always forms part of the design and booking of a tailor made travel program and itinerary.
Solutions for high season at Cuba or last minute bookings:
In high season there is nowadays a great shortage in hotel & homestay accommodation on Cuba. What we can offer is that as soon as you commit to book with us, we can reserve already some boutique homestays - hotels on critical locations and/or apartments on tropical islands (cayos/keys) in advance, without knowing yet in all details your travel program & final quotation. The same we can do with the reservation of your rental car, book it in on the exact dates according to your flight schedule. We make sure in this way that some of your favourite locations are already reserved as first priority together with the car rental of your choice. Meanwhile we finalize the exact travel program as soon as possible, when you have determined the rest of your travel itinerary. In case you approach us and hotels turn out to be fully booked esp in high season, we always can fully guarantee a stay with a Cuban family in casas particulares / homestays. Some homestays in Old Havana can be easily compared to higher level 4 star boutique hotels for their ambiance and location.
See: Cuba casas particulares / homestays
We work especially with car rentals for self-drive programs on Cuba & in Northwest Argentina.
As we are specialized in tailor made travel solutions and travel design you may come up with any wish and we are flexible enough to realize any car rental program in the destinations we offer.
For Cuba we offer to our clients the best possible rental prices given to travel agents, in case you book a tailor made program with Latin America Journeys. We offer this as an extra service to our clients. On the day of the pick up of the car, you are accompanied by our host to the car rental agency. More secure & comfortable you can’t find it !
See: Cuba Car rentals / Selfdrive itineries
We arrange domestic flights within the destinations we offer. For Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Brasil and Peru it is quite common to have at least one transfer by domestic flight in the program. For Cuba this is usually only the case when you wish to travel to Santiago, Holguin, Guardalavaca and Baracoa in East Cuba. For a roundtour through Brasil visiting Rio de Janeiro, Foz de Iguazu, Pantanal and Amazon, with more then one domestic flight it is recommended to purchase an Airpass.
Tailor made Transfers
For the realization of your travel you may make use of many different kind of transfers, depending on destination and type of travel.
To mention a few less obvious possibilities for some ideas:
- To travel by taxi through Cuba ( with normal taxi, or with a classic american car - rooftopped or cabriolet), in combination with or without bus transfers. Traveling with driver is available in the range of the more expensive cars, starting from an Audi A6.
- To cross the Bolivian Altiplano in expedition style with 4x4 from Salta or san Pedro de Atacama to Salar de Uyunyi, Bolivia
- To make a trekking on foot with lamas for the transport of luggage, in the Bolivian Cordillera Real.
- To make trekkings in Peru on foot, with transport of lugagge by mules; Cordillera Blanca & South Peru.
- To sail on Titicaca lake from one island to another, with original boats of local people.
- To make a trekking by horse in Northwest Argentina of several up to ten days with authentic gauchos, with crossing high altitude passes of nearly 5000 metres.
- To cross the Andes by horse from Argentina to Chili in the footsteps of one of the Latin America liberators San Martin. Travel Design & Solutions for Latin America